Where and how we collect personal data
We collect personal as well as business information from you when:
- You contact us by email, phone, or through the contact form on wisch-engineering.com/wischengineering.de
- You submit your information to download or watch content, to request a quote or more information about our products or services
- You purchase products or services from us
- You participate in give-aways, competitions or lucky draws organized by us
- You open or click on email promotions sent by us
We can obtain data:
- Directly from you (through email, phone calls, service visits, product purchases)
- Indirectly through cookies and other technical means (see below)
- From business partners such as our suppliers, service providers
- From third parties and publicly available sources such as public databases, directories, social media platforms, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators
What type of personal and business information we collect about you
We might store and process the following type of personal as well as business information (where applicable):
- Company you work at
- The industry the company you work at operates in
- Preferred language
- Your job/position at Company
- Billing and shipping address
- Business phone number and email address
- Email opens, clicks, survey submits and page views
We may combine information from different sources and process it to profile on company and contact level such as:
- Country, billing and shipping address, industry, company name, predict potential interest
- Country and language (ensure we send material that is understandable); job/title workplace and job title hierarchy (to help predict personal preferences); application/product (to help ensure to send relevant material); website visit, email opens/clicks, and survey submits (to help predict level of interest)
How we ensure that your personal information is safe
Your personal as well as business information is securely stored in our ERP system in order to provide you relevant information about our products and services and process your inquiries and purchases. We treat your data confidentially and don’t pass them on to third parties unless it is necessary in order to process your inquiry or purchase. Business partners we might share your information with are our logistic and transport companies, distributors or financial service providers.
The communication through our website is secured by SSL (Secure Socket Layer Technology) to ensure that sensitive information between your computer and our servers cannot be accessed by third parties. If your browser supports SSL, you can see the https:// prefix and a small green lock in front of the URL name in your browser.
Cookies are small text data that are stored on your computer temporarily or permanently while you are browsing a website.
We use session cookies to store temporarily information such as language or regional defaults. These cookies are then deleted as soon as your browsing session is over.
Other types of cookies are stored in your browser longer. Such cookies are used e.g. by Google Analytics, third party providers we are working with on enhancing your user experience, for remarketing purposes by Google AdWords or other software.
We don’t collect, process or store any personal information in cookies.
You can decide not to allow programs to store cookies in your browser and access it. You can deactivate cookies in your browser’s settings. However, please be advised that in this case you might not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
We use Google Analytics to improve our offering and user experience based on website visitor’s data. The data we collect here are anonymous and Google uses shortened IP addresses that hinders the full identification of single devices. The data is presented to us in an aggregated form and we don’t collect or process any personal information through Google Analytics. Information we see is e.g. your language setting, your region and city, your browser, your operation system, etc.
If you don’t agree with Google Analytics collecting these types of data about you, you can install a plug in your browser to block it (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
During your visit on our website, we collect information such as the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, or your location information associated with your IP address through website cookies. This information is anonymous and through this method we don’t receive any personal information about you.
We utilize this information to leverage the remarketing services from Google AdWords as well as from Facebook. Remarketing is an online marketing method where – after your visit on our website – we show you advertisements about our company or our products you have viewed on our website while you are browsing on other webpages and online applications.
If you wish to opt out from our remarketing activities, all you need to do is to clear your browser’s cookie cache: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Opt-out from promotional messages
At every promotional email (excluding transactional emails that you receive while we are processing your contact inquiry or purchase), you have the option to unsubscribe from our email communication. Simply click the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the email, follow the instructions and we will process your request within maximum 10 business days.
We might contact you by phone in order to promote our products and services, process your inquiry or order, or to ensure our contact database is up-to-date. You can opt-out from marketing communications by phone through simply stating on the phone or written to firstname.lastname@example.org your desire to be opted out and we will process your request within maximum 10 business days. Please note that even if you opted out from marketing calls, we might contact you by phone in order to process your inquiry or purchase (e.g. to make sure your billing information is correct).
Right of access
Under GDPR you, as individual, have the right to access the personal information we store, how we process and where applicable, how we obtained this information.
You can make your request through email at email@example.com via our online contact form or in written form sent to our office address at Wisch Engineering GmbH, Brunsbütteler Damm 456
13591 Berlin, Germany.
You have right to access your own personal information. In order to make sure we can identify you in our database, we will need your first name, last name and email address or phone number. In case of doubt, we might ask for more information for identification purposes.
We will provide you the following information under “right of access”:
- Whether we store and process personal information about you
- The copy of your personal information we store
- Whether your personal information was shared with any third party and if so, with whom
- Where we obtained your personal information unless it came directly from you
We will provide you the above information free of charge, within 30 days and either electronically per email or per post.
You have the right to amend or request deletion of your personal information.